STACK Exercise of the Week helps you improve your overall sports performance—including strength, speed, conditioning and flexibility.
In and Outs
Who Does It
The National Guard
Sports Performance Benefits
This conditioning drill simulates the starts and stops of a game. You must sprint at full speed, slow down briefly, then sprint again. You learn to recover faster between plays, helping you stay fast and strong as the game wears on.
- Line up on the goal line of a football field
- Sprint along the numbers down to the opposite goal line
- Walk along the goal line across the field until you reach the other set of numbers (about 30 seconds of rest total)
- Sprint back down the field to the goal line where you started. That's one set.
- Walk or jog slowly through the end zone
- Stop drill if your running form begins to fail due to fatigue
- Perform this at the end of a workout
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock