Has your team taken on challenges and overcome adversity? Have coaches and teammates bonded together to surpass obstacles and achieve things you never felt possible? If you have a success story that shows the power of teamwork, belief and perseverance, you have a chance to win a $50,000 equipment and apparel grant from Russell Athletic through their fifth annual Fight Like Dylan Award.
Whether you are a high school player, coach, parent, fan or school administrator, you are eligible to submit an application on behalf of your school. But you have to act fast. The deadline for submissions is December 5, 2015 at midnight central time.
Apply for the Fight Like Dylan Award today.
Samples of story submissions could include:
- A team that has historically losing seasons bands together from community support, hard work and great coaching and administration to bring home its first title in many years.
- On the brink of their athletic program being eliminated from the school district due to funding, the community joins together in solidarity and raises enough funds to field teams during the season and win titles.
- After having their town, school and field devastated by disastrous weather, the football team goes 9-1 and wins the state title, epitomizing the perseverance of the town.
- An athletic program unites to help a fan/team manager with special needs become an honorary member and fulfills his wish to participate in his first high school game.
- To ensure safety and concussion prevention to young athletes across the community, high school athletes teach weekly classes on proper equipment usage and exercise routines.
To commemorate the fifth year of the program, a panel of judges will be comprised of former NFL head coach Tony Dungy, Dylan’s mom, Heather, and representatives of the previous four winning high school recipients.
The winner will be announced at the 2015 Russell Athletic Bowl, scheduled to take place on Tuesday, December 29, at the Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium in Orlando. See the award’s official rules
page for more information.
The Fight Like Dylan Award honors Dylan Rebeor, a high school football player who was diagnosed with cancer and whose last wish before passing was for new uniforms for his team. Rebeor was a wide receiver for Columbia Central (TN) High School and throughout his battle, Dylan’s commitment and dedication to his team never wavered.
The Fight Like Dylan Award was established by Russell Athletic in collaboration with Dylan’s family and coaches to celebrate Dylan’s life and selflessness.
Submit your application for a chance to win a $50,000 equipment and apparel grant from Russell Athletic today.