Are you ready to challenge yourself? At Xceleration Fitness in Michigan, we are all about challenging ourselves daily to improve ourselves both physically and mentally. This workout challenge may be a bit insane, but let's go!
Here's the deal. You have to complete 1,000 reps, broken down into sets of 100 reps of 10 different exercises. It doesn't matter how long it takes, just keep going until you complete all 1,000!
1. Speed Demons
- Put your feet up on a bench or box and spread them wide.
- Sit up toward your feet as you raise your arms and pull them behind your ears, trying to straighten your back as you move through the motion.
2. Plank Walk-Ups
- Get into a push-up position, then lower yourself to your forearms into a front Plank.
- From there, move back into a push-up position. That's one rep.
- Keep your back as flat as possible and your hips locked in place as you go through the movement.
3. Plate Push-Up Circuit
- Set a weight plate on the ground and get into a push-up position with one hand in the center of the plate and the other hand on the ground beside the plate.
- Do a Push-Up, then move both hands onto the plate and do another Push-Up.
- Move to the opposite side and perform another Push-Up.
- Repeat this pattern until you reach 100 total Push-Ups.
4. Piston Press
- Holding one dumbbell with both hands on the handle, hinge at the hip until your chest is just above parallel with the floor.
- Extend your arms until they are completely straight out from your chest.
- Keeping your back and hips in place, quickly bring the dumbbell to your chest and then back out until your arms are fully extended. That's one rep.
5. Step-Up Jumps
- Start with one foot on a box or bench and your opposite hand at your cheek, as if you were running.
- Explode up and quickly bring your opposite leg up onto the box or bench as you bring the original "up" leg to the ground.
- Complete 100 jumps per leg.
6. Running Lunge
- Beginning with your feet shoulder-width apart, step back into a Reverse Lunge.
- Explosively drive your back leg forward and your knee to your chest.
- Return to the starting position.
- Perform 100 reps per leg.
7. Wall Ball Shot
- Stand a few feet away from a wall holding a medicine ball at your chest.
- Squat down, and as you come up out of the Squat, explode the ball off your chest up onto the wall as high as you can.
- Depending on the weight of the ball, either catch it or let it hit the ground.
- Repeat until you reach 100 reps.
8. Dumbbell Curl & Press
- Stand upright holding a pair of dumbbells at your sides.
- Perform a strict Hammer Curl (palms facing each other the entire time) and then press the weight overhead.
- Reverse the motion and return to the starting position.
9. Dumbbell/Kettlebell Goblet Squat
- Hold a dumbbell or kettlebell tight to your chest, squat down until your elbows touch your thighs.
- Return to the top.
- Keep a flat back and push your hips back as you descend into the Squat.
10. 20-Yard Sprint
- That's right we are finishing off strong.
- Sprint 20 yards and repeat 99 more times!
There you go! Give this insane 1,000-rep challenge a try and see how long it takes you to complete all reps! The best time we've seen at our facility is 35 minutes. Give it a shot and see what you can get!
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock