It’s not too early to start thinking about your Christmas wish list, right? This year, ask Santa for a one-on-one training session with a fitness expert. Beginning as an exclusive perk for professional athletes, personal training has grown into a lucrative branch of the fitness industry. In fact, over 6.5 million Americans use personal trainers.
A one-on-one training session with an expert trainer personalizes a workout in relation to an individual’s specific goals. The caliber of expert attention provided by a fitness expert can do wonders for any workout routine. A good trainer can:
- Improve form, reducing the risk of injury
- Help target certain muscle groups, identifying ways to improve physical output
- Offer tips on the best exercises and gear (need some? See trainer Brad Jones’s Tips for Young Athletes)
- Provide information on healthy diet plans
- Help create long-term workout plans to improve sports performance and/or reach personal fitness goals
Although one-on-one training sessions can be pricey (between $50 and $100/hour), a single session can teach you valuable techniques and correct your form. That never goes out of style. A personal training session is an excellent gift for a friend or loved one this holiday season.
If you are interested in becoming a fitness expert, check out: Give Yourself a Career Advantage With Fitness Certifications Before Earning a Degree.
Photo: Orlando Sentinel Fitness Center