The STACK Exercise of the Week helps you improve your overall sports performance—including strength, speed, conditioning and flexibility.
Spartan Race Workout
Who Does It
Hunter McIntyre, Elite Spartan Racer
Sports Performance Benefits
Improves your overall strength and endurance for an obstacle course race. You perform Burpees and Double Kettlebell Cleans to simulate the strength and endurance demands of a Spartan race, and you sprint to help you run the race as quickly as possible.
Perform in circuit fashion and repeat 3-5 times.
- Drop into a low push-up position.
- Bring your feet to your hands, then jump and clap your hands above your head.
- Drop down to the ground and repeat.
Double Kettlebell Clean
- Hold a kettlebell in each hand.
- Hinge at your hips and swing the kettlebells beneath your thighs.
- Extend your hips and knees to propel the kettlebells up.
- Catch the kettlebells at your chest with your elbows tucked to your sides.
Distance: 100 meters
- Do not rest between exercises.
- Focus on form, not speed.
- Maintain a consistent running stride
- Walk 100 meters back to the start.