A healthy snack can be the difference between dragging through your workout and dominating it. But a tight schedule might not leave you much time to spend in the kitchen. That’s where “The Skinny Elvis” comes in.
The Skinny Elvis is an easy, tasty snack that provides a great boost of protein and carbs—perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up or a pre-practice treat. The name is derived from Elvis Presley’s favorite sandwich: peanut butter, banana and bacon. The Skinny Elvis is a healthy twist on the king of rock and roll’s favorite.
The recipe comes from head chef Paul McGonigle and is used with NFL Combine athletes training at Athletic Gaines, an elite athletic performance training center in Las Vegas run by renowned performance coach Travelle Gaines, who has trained Reggie Bush and Chris Johnson, among other professional athletes.
The Skinny Elvis
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 1 banana
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 “Kind Bar” Hickory Smoked Almond variety
- Spread the peanut butter evenly on the flour tortilla.
- Place the banana in the middle of the tortilla.
- Crunch up the Kind Bar and distribute it evenly onto the tortilla.
- Fold into a wrap and enjoy!