Must See Football Videos
How Andre Williams Turned Off-Season Goals Into Playing Time
A Day in the Life of Pro Running Back Andre Williams
A Day in the Life of Pittsburgh Steelers LB Jason Worilds
In July, we published an infographic that started a debate about which state is best at football. The piece fueled a lot of heated discussion on our site and across the web, particularly the war of words on 247sports.com. After looking at the numbers, we felt it was time to make the case for the states that have a legitimate claim to be best in football.
First up is STACK's home state of Ohio. Is Ohio the best football state? Here are the facts and stats:
- Most high school national titles: 25
- Second-most Heisman trophy winners: 9
- Third-most Pro Football Hall of Famers: 23
- Fourth in number of high school football players: 47,955
- Home to the high school with the most national titles: 9 for Washington High School (Massillon, Ohio)
- Home to the most high schools with multiple national titles: 6 (see graphic bel0w)
Clearly, the case for Ohio as the best football state is compelling. Return to STACK.com each week for the case in favor of other contenders.