STACK Exercise of the Week helps you improve your overall sports performance—including strength, speed, conditioning and flexibility.
Cable-Resisted Physioball Crunch
Who Does It
DeMarcus Ware, NFL Defensive End
Sports Performance Benefits
Performing a crunch against resistance strengthens the abs and is more challenging than a traditional Crunch or Sit-Up. Lying on a physioball forces your core stabilizers to fire to keep you balanced on the unstable surface.
- Lie with your upper back on a physioball with a cable machine behind you.
- Hold abdominal crunch straps in each hand just above your chest.
- Perform a crunch, keeping your core tight.
- Slowly return to start position.
- Repeat for the specified number or reps.
- Position your feet shoulder width apart.
- Maintain a neutral head position.
- Perform toward the end of a workout.
Watch DeMarcus Ware's full workout below.