George Lucas's Involvement in 'Star Wars: Episode VII'
October 13, 2013 | Shay Mathews
Must See Entertainment and Style Videos
The STACK Rundown: New NBA Kicks, the Jawbone UP and an LA Laker Throws a Shoe
The STACK Rundown: New NBA Courts, Kevin Durant Gets an HBO Show and Brian Hoyer Gets His Dance On
The STACK Rundown: LeBron James's New TV Show, Oregon's Black & Pink Uniforms and Rookie Pranks
A few months ago, online reports said that George Lucas was taking a hands-off approach regarding Star Wars: Episode VII, and that although he would help director J. J. Abrams if requested, it was very much Abrams' project. But in a recent interview, Lucas's son, Jett Lucas, told Flicks and the City that his father had been working on the sequel for more than a year when he decided to sell Lucasfilm to Disney.
"He's constantly talking to J.J. [Abrams]. Obviously, J.J. was handpicked. [My dad] is there to guide, whenever, he'll help where he can. At the same time, he wants to let it go and become its new generation," said Jett, who compared the situation to a father watching his kid leave for college.
Jett wouldn't reveal any plot details, but he did say there could be some fun moments between Han Solo and his son. "Who doesn't want to see Han Solo cruise through on the Falcon again? But at the same time, maybe he's teaching his son how to drive it," he added.
Not much is known about the story, but Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher will reprise their roles as Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. Rumors suggest the studio is waiting until the end of the month to reveal the cast and the title of the film, which is expected to be released in 2015.
How do you feel about Lucas having a more prominent role in Episode VII? Check out his son's full interview in the below video.