Exercise of the Week: BOSU Bulgarian Lunge Hops
The STACK Exercise of the Week helps you improve your overall sports performance—including strength, speed, conditioning and flexibility.
BOSU Bulgarian Lunge Hop
Who Does It
Drew Brees, All-Pro QB
Sports Performance Benefits
Builds single-leg explosive power and eliminates right and left leg imbalances. Balance and stability also improve, which helps prevent ankle, knee and hip injuries.
- Assume a split-stance with the ball of your rear foot on top of the BOSU dome.
- Lower into a lunge until your front knee is bent to 90 degrees.
- Jump straight up for maximum height.
- Land softly in the starting position.
- Repeat for the specified number of reps.
- Perform a set on your opposite side.
- Hold a football or other sport-specific piece of equipment.
- Position the ball of your rear foot on top of the dome.
- Keep your front knee behind your toes.
- Explode up for maximum height.
Topics: EXERCISE OF THE WEEK