(2) Scheer, James. The Magic of Chia: Revival of an Ancient Wonder Food. Frog Books, 2000.
(3) Vijaimohan, K., et al. \"Beneficial effects of alpha linolenic acid rich flaxseed oil on growth performance and hepatic cholesterol metabolism in high fat diet fed rats.\" Life sciences 79.5 (2006): 448.
(4) Attucci, Sylvie, et al. \"Oxidative phosphorylation by mitochondria extracted from dry sunflower seeds.\" Plant physiology 95.2 (1991): 390-398.
(5) Pistachio Nuts Reduce Triglycerides and Body Weight by Comparison to Refined Carbohydrate Snack in Obese Subjects on a 12-Week Weight Loss Program. Zhaoping Li, MD, PhD, FACN, Rubens Song, MD, Christine Nguyen, BS, Alona Zerlin, RD, MS, Hannah Karp, BS, Kris Naowamondhol, BS, Gail Thames, BS, Kun Gao, PhD, Luyi Li, MS, Chi-Hong Tseng, PhD, Susanne M Henning, PhD, RD and David Heber, MD, PhD, FACN. UCLA Center for Human Nutrition, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California. J Am Coll Nutr June 2010 vol. 29 no. 3 198-203
(6) Nutrition Today:January/February 2008 – Volume 43 – Issue 1 – pp 36-40 doi: 10.1097/01.NT.0000303304.16471.e6 Pleasures of the Table
(7) n−3 Fatty acid dietary recommendations and food sources to achieve essentiality and cardiovascular benefits. Sarah K Gebauer, Tricia L Psota, William S Harris, and Penny M Kris-Etherton. Am J Clin Nutr June 2006 vol. 83 no. 6 S1526-1535S
(8) Antioxidant activity of white and black sesame seeds and their hull fractions. Food Control, Volume 33, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 105–113
(9) Bolling, Bradley W., et al. \"Tree nut phytochemicals: composition, antioxidant capacity, bioactivity, impact factors. A systematic review of almonds, Brazils, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamias, pecans, pine nuts, pistachios and walnuts.\" Nutrition research reviews 24.2 (2011): 244.
(10) Go, Big B. \"The Latest Findings on Vitamins & Minerals.\"
(11) Lowery, Lonnie M. \"Dietary fat and sports nutrition: a primer.\" Journal of Sports Science and Medicine 3.3 (2004): 106-117.
(12) PERSHERN, ANITA S., WILLIAM M. BREENE, and EDWARD C. LULAI. \"ANALYSIS of FACTORS INFLUENCING LIPID OXIDATION IN HAZELNUTS (CORYLUS SPP. 1).\" Journal of food processing and preservation 19.1 (1995): 9-26.
(13) Lakhtakia, Rishab, et al. \"The role of antioxidants in human health maintenance: Small molecules with infinite functions.\" IJPSR 2 (2011): 1395-402.
(14) Gómez-Ariza, J. L., A. Arias-Borrego, and T. García-Barrera. \"Combined use of total metal content and size fractionation of metal biomolecules to determine the provenance of pine nuts (Pinus pinea).\" Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 388.5-6 (2007): 1295-1302.
(15) Rajaram, Sujatha, et al. \"A monounsaturated fatty acid–rich pecan-enriched diet favorably alters the serum lipid profile of healthy men and women.\" The Journal of nutrition 131.9 (2001): 2275-2279.
(16) Bowden, Jonny. The 150 most effective ways to boost your energy: the surprising, unbiased truth about using nutrition, exercise, supplements, stress relief, and personal empowerment to stay energized all day, refuel your body, energize your mind, make you sleep better and give you vitality from dawn to bedtime. Fair Winds, 2008.
(17) Scott-Dixon, Krista. \"All About Acne & Nutrition.\"
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock