Furniture sliders can be used for challenging workouts, not just for sliding furniture around the floor. In fact, slider exercises are some of the best core training moves you can do.
Furniture sliders are designed to slide heavy objects around the floor. Instead of a couch, you can place your feet or hands on the sliders, either on a carpet or a wooden floor (or even turf) and slide effortlessly.
RELATED: Six-Pack for Speed: 5 Core Exercises That Can Make You Faster
Slider exercises have many benefits.
Practicality: With sliders, you can work out at home when you don’t have time to go to the gym, lack access to it or simply don’t feel like waiting in line for equipment. You can also train while traveling, no matter what hotel you’re staying in. With furniture slider exercises, you don’t need to buy barbells or dumbbells, which would take valuable space in your home and be close to impossible to carry on the road.
Functionality: Furniture sliders are among the most versatile pieces of equipment you can find. There are literally hundreds of exercises you can do with them, and because of the stability required to stay balanced while using them, your core will always be engaged.
RELATED: The Best At-Home Exercises for Young Athletes
Price: You can find sliders for around $10 in many stores, and they will probably last you a lifetime. Furniture sliders are a quality tool that anyone can afford. When it comes to equipment, cost doesn’t tell the whole story: Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.
Here are 3 great slider exercises that will strengthen your core muscles:
- Put one slider under each hand and kneel on the floor.
- Slowly slide straight forward. Go down as far as you can without touching the floor with your body. Breathe in as you descend.
- Start pulling yourself back to the starting position as you exhale.
- Put the furniture sliders under your feet and set your forearms on the floor in a plank position.
- Push yourself away moving your body backwards while keeping your torso straight.
- Bring your elbows towards your hips to come back to the starting position.
Slider Knee Tucks
- Begin in a push-up position with your hands on the floor, your arms straight and one slider under each foot.
- Tuck your knees explosively toward your chest while maintaining a straight torso.
- Straighten your knees to get back to the starting position.
RELATED: The Simplest Bodyweight Workout Ever