STACK Exercise of the Week helps you improve your overall sports performance—including strength, speed, conditioning and flexibility.
Who Does It
Adrian Gonzalez, MLB All-Star first baseman
Sports Performance Benefits
The pushing motion strengthens your chest, shoulders and triceps, while your core and hips must engage to maintain a straight back and keep you balanced.
- Assume a push-up position with your feet on a 45-pound plate.
- Drive your right arm forward to push your body backward. Repeat with your left arm.
- Continue pushing with your arms in an alternating fashion for the specified duration.
Sets/Reps: 3×10 yards.
- Keep your abs tight and your body flat.
- Push with your arms as far as possible.
- Use two plates to increase the challenge.