Who doesn't love a good arm pump? Try this nasty arm workout for the pump of your life.
This workout is the perfect way to finish your week or get a nice pump on the weekend after hard days of training.
It blasts your biceps and triceps with a total of nine exercises. It begins with the close-grip Bench and moves to a tri-set for the biceps followed by the triceps. The workout concludes with a 100-rep finisher that will have your muscles bursting at the seams.
For the grouped exercises in the tri-sets (i.e., 2A, 2B, 2C), perform them back-to-back with as little rest as possible between them. Repeat each set five times.
1. Close Grip Bench Press - 1x8,8,8,4,4,4
- Set up on the bench like you would for a normal Bench Press.
- Move your grip in about one thumb length from your regular grip.
- Perform the Bench Press for 3 sets of 8, then, if you can, increase the weight on the last 3 as you drop to sets of four.
- Rest about 90 seconds between sets.
2A. Dumbbell Hammer Curl x12
- Grab two dumbbells, keep your back flat and curl the bells up.
- Keep a neutral grip with your palms facing each other the entire time.
- If you start to arch excessively, split your stance with one foot forward.
2B. Crossbody Curl with Twist x12
- Start with the bells in a neutral grip at your sides, palms facing each other.
- With your right hand, curl the bell toward your opposite shoulder and turn the bell so your palm faces up at the same time.
- Control on the way down and repeat on the other side.
2C. Band Curl x15
- Grab a band and step on it.
- Hold one end of the band with your palms up.
- Curl the band to your chest and control on the way down.
- Squeeze at the top with a slight pause for added difficulty.
3A. Lying Dumbbell Rollbacks x12
- Lie down on your back with two dumbbells next to your head.
- Reach back, grab the bells and point your elbows to the ceiling.
- Extend your arms toward the ceiling until your elbows are locked out.
- As you extend your arms, you will feel your lats pull slightly, and your elbows will pull down slightly toward your hips.
- Control on the way down, rest the bells on the ground and repeat.
3B. Tate Press x12
- Lie on the ground or a bench with two dumbbells pressed all the way to the top with your palms facing away.
- Slowly bend your elbows and bring the bells to your chest, keeping your palms facing away.
- Make sure you don't go too heavy on the movement.
3C. Stability Ball Tricep Extension x15
- Set a stability ball on the ground and drop into a plank resting your forearms on the ball.
- Place your hands close together and extend up at the elbows until your arms are locked out.
- Control on the way down and repeat.
4. Dumbbell Curl with Twist x100 reps in as few sets as possible
- Start with dumbbells at your sides, palms facing behind you.
- Curl the bells up and rotate them so your palms face you at the top.
- Reverse the motion and control on the way down.
5. Band Pushdown x100 reps in as few sets as possible.
- Hook a band to a pull-up bar and grab the sides of the band.
- Keep your elbows in tight to your sides and press the band down until your arms are fully extended.
- Control on the way up and repeat.
- The Fastest Way to Build Bigger Arms
- Why Hammer Curls Build Bigger Arms
- Build Bigger Arms in Two Minutes
- Huge Arms in a Hurry: A 30-Minute Arm Workout
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock