Sometimes it stinks to be in a gym. When it’s beautiful outside, the last thing you want to do is get stuck in a dark and dingy weight room that smells like sweat. You’d rather be outisde, enjoying the fresh air.
RELATED: 6 Outdoor Workouts for Improved Results During the Summer
And that’s OK! You can get an amazing workout outdoors or on a track.
The workout below requires only three pieces of equipment: a kettlebell, cones (or any kind of markers) and a stopwatch (found on your phone). The workout will improve your full-body strength, speed and conditioning in only seven exercises. I guarantee you’ll be drenched in sweat after the first few moves, and you’ll have fun! To make it extra tough, perform it with a friend or teammate and add a competitive element.
RELATED: 3 Kettlebell Exercises You’ve Probably Never Seen
Align four cones in a “T” formation. From base to stem, the distance should be 12 paces. From left to right the distance should be 15 paces. Base cone = 1, Stem Cone= 2, Left and Right cones are as described. Work each move for approximately 45 seconds, with a 15-second transition between exercises.
- 1a) KB Swings
- 1b) Sprint to Cone 2, shuffle left, turn and jog back to Cone 1 (repeat & alternate L & R)
- 2a) KB Squat to Press
- 2b) Sprint around Cone 2 to left, jog back to Cone 1 (repeat & alternate L & R)
- 3a) KB Seated Choppers x Sit-Up (one direction)
- 3b) Bear Crawl to Cone 2, do 3 Push-Ups, Reverse Bear Crawl back to Cone 1
- 4a) KB Upright Row
- 4b) Broad Jump to Cone 2, turn and jog back to Cone 1
- 5a) KB Seated Choppers x Sit-Up (opposite direction)
- 5b) Sprint around Cone 2 to left, backpedal to Cone 1 (repeat & alternate L & R)
- 6a) KB Push Press
- 6b) Sprint to Cone 2, shuffle left, backpedal to Cone 1 (repeat & alternate L & R)
- 7a) KB Goblet Squat
- 7b) Sprint to Cone 2, backpedal to Cone 1
RELATED: 5 Best Kettlebell Exercises to Build Explosive Power