In order to compete at your highest athletic potential, you must get a good night’s sleep. So, it’s important to have a comfortable and supportive pillow. A homemade buckwheat pillow will keep your neck and head comfortable and stable throughout the night.
Homemade Buckwheat Pillow Supplies
- Cotton fabric
- Measuring tape
- Straight pins
- Cotton thread
- Sewing needle
- Buckwheat hulls
- Lavender essential oil
Homemade Buckwheat Pillow Directions
- Cut a 18″ x 48″ rectangle out of tight-weave cotton fabric.
- Fold the rectangle in half width-wise, keeping patterned sides together. Pin along the edges, leaving a one-fourth inch seam allowance between the edges and the pins.
- Sew around the edges using cotton thread and a sewing needle. Leave a four-inch section open. Remove all the straight pins.
- Turn the pillow right side out. Insert a funnel in the opening.
- Fill the pillow three-fourths full with buckwheat hulls. Add 10 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Turn the raw edges of the open section under by one-fourth inch. Sew closed.