Your body is constantly rubbing up against opponents on the court, machines in the weight room, and sports gear on the field. The continual interplay can cause irritating and painful skin rashes. Stay comfortable on the field with your own homemade rash cream. A homemade solution is a great alternative to store-bought creams, which often contain chemical preservatives or perfumes that can exacerbate the problem.
Homemade Rash Cream Supplies
- Olive oil (1 cup)
- 2 Candy thermometers
- 8 oz. Beeswax
- Chamomile essential oil
- Rose hip seed oil
- Aloe vera gel
- Double boiler
- Sauce pan
- Glass jar
Homemade Rash Cream Directions
- Pour olive oil into small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Put a glass candy thermometer into the olive oil to gauge the temperature.
- Fill the bottom of the double boiler with water and place the beeswax in the top. Heat over medium to high heat. Put a second candy thermometer into the beeswax.
- When both pots reach 110 degrees, pour both contents into a blender and blend on high for five seconds.
- Pour ten drops of chamomile essential oil and 20 drops of rose hip seed oil into the blender. Blend for five seconds.
- Add one-fourth cup of aloe vera gel to blender. Blend for a final five seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a glass jar and allow it to cool for at least two hours before use.