Sony's newest flagship Android, the Sony Xperia TL, was recently unveiled at the International Franchise Association's 2012 conference, gaining instant recognition as Daniel Craig's mobile device in Skyfall, the 23rd installment of the James Bond film series. Although no official release dates have been announced, the phone and movie are expected to come out together, some time in early November.
(Check out last year's model: Sony Xperia GX Is Finally on Its Way.)
Throughout his career, James Bond has armed himself with top-of-the-line techy gadgets—and this phone is no exception. Let's break down the Xperia TL specs and features, to see what makes this phone so spy-worthy.
- Runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on AT&T's 4G LTE network
- 1.5GHz Snapdragon processor and Near Field Communication let users transfer content from one device to another by touching the devices together
- SmartTag technology allows users to instantly change phone settings in particular circumstances; for example, to instantly activate GPS and Bluetooth when you approach your vehicle, or to put it into silence mode at night
- 4.6-inch HD display
- Wireless transmission of photos and videos to a TV that supports DLNA technology
- A 13-megapixel primary camera that shoots full HD video
With specs like this, no wonder James Bond sports the Xperia TL.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock