This week, for the first time ever, UFC is heading to Sweden. Fight Night Live, a high-octane event, will feature three ranked fighters and a handful of up-and-comers battling to get into the top 10 in their divisions. The best thing about the live event is that it will be shown free on Fuel TV—part of UFC’s most recent network contract.
The main card is loaded with talent, featuring:
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Thiago Silva
- Brian Stann vs. Alessio Sakara
- Paulo Thiago vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
- Dennis Siver vs. Diego Nunes
- DaMarques Johnson vs. John Maguire
- Brad Pickett vs. Damacio Page
The bout between Gustafsson and Silva promises more than its share of excitement, as these two hard hitters will try to knock each other out in style. Fighting in his home country, Gustafsson will be on a high after recently taking down some big names. Silva, a Brazillian jiu-jitsu black belt, has pledged to be aggressive after being named to replace the injured Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in the fight.
The rest of the main card is also strong. Fans will get to see Brian Stann in action again, as “The All-American” tries to work his way back into title contention. Other exciting fighters include the Brazilian Paulo Thiago and TUF competitor DaMarques Johnson.
Watch the undercard for some new faces. UFC traditionally showcases a few fighters from the event’s home country. The undercard will feature:
- Akira Corassani vs. Jason Young
- Papy Abedi vs. James Head
- Cyrille Diabaté vs. Tom DeBlass
- Francis Carmont vs. Magnus Cedenblad
- Reza Madadi vs. Yoislandy Izquierdo
- Simeon Thoresen vs. Besam Yousef
- Jason Young vs. Eric Wisely
If you like heavy hitting, check out UFC on Fuel TV 2 this Saturday, April 14, at 3 p.m. EDT.