Must See Nutrition Videos
STACK Performance Nutrition: Best Sources of Carbs for Athletes
STACK Performance Nutrition: How to Refuel After Exercise
STACK Performance Nutrition: Build A Better Plate
Craving a delicious pre-workout snack with no artificial ingredients or preservatives? Make your own homemade, nutritious granola bars. Pack your bars full of nutrient-dense foods, like dried fruit and oats, to keep you active and sharp during long practices or games.
Homemade Granola Bar Ingredients
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 1 cup honey
Homemade Granola Bar Directions
- Pour 1/2 cup of almonds, 1/2 cup of pecans and 1/2 cup of rolled oats into a food processor and process them into a coarse meal.
- With a knife, chop the remaining raw nuts and 1 cup of dried fruit into half-pea-sized pieces. Mix them in a bowl with the coarse meal.
- Add the rest of the rolled oats and one cup of honey into the bowl. Stir the mixture well.
- Line a baking tray with plastic wrap. Spread the mixture on the plastic wrap in an even layer. Cover it with another layer of plastic wrap, then refrigerate. Chill for two hours.
- Remove the plastic wrap, cut and place your homemade granola bars in plastic baggies to bring with you to practice.