STACK Exercise of the Week helps you improve your overall sports performance—including strength, speed, conditioning and flexibility.
Reactive Tennis Ball Shuffle
Who's Doing It
Peyton Manning, All-Pro QB
Sports Performance Benefits
Improves your ability to react and quickly move from side to side, which is critical for evading defenders or adjusting to catch a ball. It also stabilize your knees by increasing hip abductor strength.
- Stand five to seven yards in front of a partner with your feet hip-width apart, hips and knees bent, and arms in a ready position.
- Have your partner toss a tennis ball to your left or right.
- Shuffle to the side, pick up the ball and toss it back to your partner.
- Repeat to the opposite side. Continue in an alternating fashion for the specified duration.
Sets/Duration: 3x15 seconds
- Stay low to the ground.
- Don’t lean forward or reach for the ball.
- Increase the challenge by having your partner toss the ball further to the side.