Must See Strength Training Videos
Michael Johnson Performance Series: The 40-Yard Dash Drive Phase
Elite Performance with Mike Boyle: One-Leg Deadlift
Real Workouts: Henrik Zetterberg
In this installment of STACK’s Yoga for Athletes series, yogi Rebecca Pacheco shares a unique yoga Push-Up variation of the Dolphin pose that strengthens arms, shoulders, back and core. Dolphin Push-Ups are also perfect for preparing your body for more advanced yoga poses, like the Headstand (Sirsasana) and Forearm Balance (Pincha Mayurasana).
Exercise tip from Rebecca: Keep your core tight throughout the sequence, especially in Plank. Also make sure your hips and back never collapse forward.
Watch the video above for full workout instructions. If you're unfamiliar with the basic pose, watch this tutorial on the Dolphin pose first.
- Place your forearms on the ground and hold your biceps to measure a shoulder-width distance
- Interlace fingers and lift your hips to the sky (essentially Downward Dog on forearms)
- Inhale while touching your head to the floor beneath your chest
- Exhale and pull forward to Plank pose
- Continue sequence for specific reps
Catch up on the rest of the STACK Yoga for Athletes series: